RSS Feed

Me Dave, You Blog.



So I started reading Tarzan of the Apes a little bit ago. I like the book so far, it's pretty well written and interesting. I'm trying to decide if I should read the rest of the books in the series. Apparently Edgar Rice Burroughs started in like 1912 or 1914 and wrote 23 books all together. CRAZY. Well on the bus this morning, I came across this paragraph and the irony made me laugh. A little background is that a man and wife have been stranded on this island filled with crazy jungle animals and they decide to make a shelter...

"The building of a bed, chairs, table, and shelves was a relatively easy matter, so that by the end of the second month they were well settled, and, but for the constant dread of attack by wild beasts and the ever growing loneliness, they were not uncomfortable or unhappy."

It's just funny because it says they are not uncomfortable or unhappy. Except they live in constant fear that they are going to be eaten alive by crazy wild jungle animals.

**Sidenote**

I have more updates on recording records, but it will be a much larger post and probably not done from my desk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!

i'm assuming, of course, that you are listening to phil collins "you'll be in my heart" on repeat while you read.

Dave said...

listening to it while it read? More like listening to it while I breathe! That sucker is always playing. My co-workers are getting angry.

Kristin said...

Hey Jessica,
Thanks for delurking! Please now feel enabled to comment freely on my blog. :) How did you find me? You and your husband look like a really fun couple, btw!