Posted by Jessica on Friday, June 24, 2011 Labels: dinner last night
This is SUPER yum and it's making me hungry just typing about it.
from the kitchen of Laurie Amos
1 pound ground beef
1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
2 cup water
4 green bell peppers
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
3. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
4. In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers. (I just poured it in the pan and around the peppers)
5. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven. When 10-15 min from being done, top each pepper with shredded cheese and return to the oven.