RSS Feed

The Hippie and Me

I had an encounter with a Michael's employee yesterday that I would like to share. Keep in mind that this employee is a dude, long stringy hair, and most likely smoked out of his mind.

Me: Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find cheese cloth?

Hippie: (looking extremely confused) um...er...uh...hmm...are you referring to the color?

Me: (looking extremely confused) uh...no...it's a kind of fabric....

Hippie: Oh...well (looking around the isle we are in) this is all the fabric that we have...

Me: (looking around the isle we are in and only seeing felt) well, it's not felt...

Hippie: hmmm...

Deciding that my efforts to get information out of this particular employee were completely fruitless

Me: moving on to my second question, can you tell me where to find gift boxes?

This, thankfully, he was able to help me with and I went on my merry way to find an employee who could tell me where to find what I needed.

Now, I have no problem with men working at a craft store, but please be familiar with the merchandise. If you work at a craft store, you should know that cheese cloth is not a color. Thank you.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Amen!

Aaron said...

Hee hee! That's funny. :)