alternately titled: what have the Hildens been up to?
We have been busy. But it's the good kind of busy.
Below you will find a separate Jessica/Dave list of things we have been up to.
* Meetings at church
* I recently took on a new ministry at church and have been busy making phone calls to local food shelves and meeting with my team in order to start our own food pantry. It's a large endeavor, but one I'm super excited about and cant wait to see what amazing ways God is going to work in and through it.
* Game night with out of town friends, and new friends
* Weekly dinner and american idol viewing with siblings
* Cabin trip
* 2nd anniversary
* Date day
* Neighborhood watch group (ok, so tonight is our first meeting, so we haven't been busy with this yet. But we will!)
* Trying out new recipes. Chicken spaghetti anyone??
* Vacuuming dog hair. seriously, this could be a full time job
* Preparing for our cruise. that's right folks - in 30 days we will be sailing to the western Caribbean
* Viewing a friend's new bachelor pad
* Trips to Joann's and S.R. Harris for patterns and fabric
* Making use of our new (free!) treadmill
* Putting together a brochure for our church service. have I mentioned we've been busy with church stuff??
* Reading, reading, reading. I started War and Peace and Jess is blazing through the Uglies series.
* Playing a perpetual game of fetch with Olive
* Shoveling sidewalks, pathways, and driveways. And enjoying the impromptu block parties that arise from it
* Making a mix CD, "the year of the dog." It's a good one.
* Trying to make microwave baked vanilla cake in a coffee mug. That's a whole different post.
* Trying out new bus routes through different parts of the city. Wondering how a new restaurant can claim "world famous philly cheese steak" name. I will find out and report back
* Did Jess say wishing we were on our cruise??
* Reliving a good Vikings season through Madden 2010. Last game the Vikings beat the Bengals 76-14 if anyone is interested. Don't worry, we have already clinched the division too.
* Playing Fish Tales nightly. Raging at Fish Tales nightly.
Like I said...it's the good kind of busy.