RSS Feed

28 things

Last year after I turned 26, I made a "27 things I want to do before I turn 27" list. I regret to inform you that I did not accomplish everything on that list. Rats. But I decided that's ok, and some things will carry over to my "28 things" list and some things that are not that important to me anymore will just fall off into oblivion.

These are the things that were accomplished from my 27 things list. You can see the original list here and here. And since this list was never finished, I added some things that were major accomplishments this year.

2)Get my picture project done check
9)Make my own cleaning supplies done - this was really easy
14)Get a funky bundt pan gift from my parents
16)Start an herb garden maybe I should have said "start and tend" and herb garden.
17)Go on a girls trip woot woot!
19)Pay off the car sooo happy about this one!
20)Re-learn how to knit I knit (knitted?) a blankie for Elijah
24)Buy a house yep
25)Get and train a puppy train is a relative term
26)Actively get involved in a ministry New Wineskins Ministry. God is doing cool stuff
27)learn how to edit html code boo ya!

Here's my list for this year:

1)Go to the Global Market
2)Finish our wedding album
3)Get a bike (or find my old one?)
4)Get Dave's bike fixed
5)Go on bike rides with Dave
6)participate in a race
7)Take a road trip with Dave
8)Attend an auction
9)purchase a sewing machine
10)Renew our passports
11)Use our passports
12)Attend more community functions
13)Paint the kitchen
14)Paint our bedroom
15)finish porch project
16)Start on library project
17)plot out and plant perennial garden
18)File all our important papers
19)Establish a weekly date night
20)Organize laundry room
21)Love people at work that are hard to love
22)Bake something once a week
23)Clean out and organize garage
24)Plan a few "weekend getaways" to fun little towns in the area
25)Spend more time with our grandparents
26)Organize the closets. All of them.
27)Save up for and purchase a DSLR camera and lenses
28)Learn how to use camera in # 27

There you have it. I'm going to try and do a follow up post once a month so I can keep myself accountable to accomplishing more of the list than I did last year.

I love lists.

5 comments:

Dr. Wicked said...

If you love lists, check out http://tadalist.com/ it's a super simple tool for online list making.

Jweaver said...

Last year I was inspired to make a list for my birthday as well. I have a week to put mine together. I love lists.. it's so fun crossing things off :)

Noni said...

Awesome! Think of all the FUN you will have accomplishing all of these things this year!

Laurie Amos said...

I've been wanting to go to Global Market too. By the way, I think your bike may be in our garage.I can help you with your closets if you want. I'm a list junkie myself.

Chloe @ A Creative Call said...

I'm excited to see the results of #13, 14, 15, and 16 because, you know, I have a heart for your little place. And I want to see the rug and the windows (from the inside).

Also regarding #12, December 1st, Christmas tree lighting and sing-along at City Hall, 6 PM. We hope to be there.