This was delicious and will be added to our meal rotation that I'm creating. You should try it!
Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
1. 2 acorn squash
2. olive oil
3. a couple of pinches of dried sage, nutmeg and cinnamon
4. salt and pepper
6. 5 breakfast sausage patties (I used links)
7. 1 clove garlic, minced
8. 2 cups of cornbread stuffing.
9. a handful of golden raisins, dried cranberries and some green apple cut into bit size pieces
about 1/4 cup (or a little less) veggie broth or water (I had to use more broth. about 1/2 cup)
10. a drizzle of real maple syrup
11. 2-3 Tbs. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 375F.
2. Cut the acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Brush insides of squash with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. Place the squash cut sides down in a baking dish with a little bit of water in the bottoms of the dish. Bake them for about 40 mins, or until they are soft
4. While they cook, melt a tbsp of butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and the sausage. Continue stirring, as sausage heats through break into small pieces.
5. Once cooked through, turn the heat to low. Stir in the raisins, craisins, apples and cornbread and cook for a couple of minutes. Flavor to taste with sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
6. Add a little broth.
7. Drizzle with maple syrup, stir and let it cook for another minute or two. Then remove it from the heat.
8. Once squash is cooked, fill the hole in each squash with the stuffing. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. Bake for 10 more minutes.
9. Transfer squash to plate. For garnish you can drizzle plate with some syrup and then serve.
Recipe found here. Her picture is better than mine. But I took mine with my phone, so.