RSS Feed

to run or not to run

I consider myself a runner. Not as avid of one as I should be, but a runner all the same. Except, I have been on a hiatus or sorts since....last October. I participated in the Chicago marathon at that time and it was shut down halfway through due to exceptionally hot weather. Since then, I have planned a wedding, got married and have been "too busy" to get back into my running habits. This morning changed all that. Well, last night to be exact. Dave and I went out for a run through the neighborhood, but this morning it was downright magical. There's nothing like an early morning run. There's just something about it. The sun is bright, but not yet hot. The air is crisp and cool. And apart from the soft chorus of birds chirping, the world is still and silent. The feeling was indescribable. It was like being reunited with an old friend. Let's hope the feeling of this reunion will be enough motivation to get my lazy bones out of bed in the morning. Or maybe it will be the reward of a steaming cup of Cherry Bean coffee that will get me going. Mmm...tasty.

1 comments:

The Baby Makes 4 said...

I don't know what I am more impressed with, the dedication to the run or the Cherrybean Coffee reference. My regards on both!

Steve