RSS Feed

Back to the Klondike


Lately, I (Dave) have been really getting into old Walt Disney Uncle Scrooge comic books. The stories are unique, adventureous, and hilarious. There have been a few moments when I see a picture and I actually laugh out loud while reading it. Like someone shooting bullets at Uncle Scrooge and the bullet sailing right through his pitch black top hat, and then the same exact thing happens a couple of panels later. I just sit back and think to myself "Who is able to come up with this stuff?"

I find these stories to be inspirational because Uncle Scrooge is pretty much a cartoon icon that has been around for 50-60 years, and they are still being printed today! I commonly have to put filters on when I'm reading/watching anything that is coming at me ,these days, whether it be a movie in a theater or an ad on a bus sign as it passes me by. I am comforted to know that when I sit down with my book of Uncle Scrooge comics, I can relax, let my guard down, and enjoy a new adventure that Uncle Scrooge, Donald, and the nephews are up to. It reminds me that people are still striving to put out good wholesome material that is engaging and well done.

As a consumer, I am going to strive to support things that are good and deliver entertainment without all the brown that comes along with it. (Even if I do catch a little flack because I enjoy "kid stuff".)

0 comments: